Senin, 06 Mei 2013

Kitchen Artistic Design


image via Traditional Home

One of the things I did over the long weekend was watch a bunch of movies that I had been wanting to see for a long time. One of them was the hilarious and heart breaking It's Complicated with Meryl Streep and Alec Baldwin.

I always notice set design in movies, but this one in particular really pulled me in. I wanted to be in that house, eating a meal cooked by Jane (Streep's character) and get comfy in that living room. The house has an easy elegance that is welcoming and comfortable. The kitchen was wonderful because it wasn't perfect. It feels European and relaxed. Some images from Universal Pictures and Traditional Home:








Living room

master bedroom
image via Traditional Home


My favorite - an enfilade!
image via Traditional Home


image via Traditional Home

Tonight I'm cooking Jake's favorite meal from the movie- Roasted Chicken, green beans and potatoes. My DH will be thrilled! If it's all beautiful I'll take photos and post them tomorrow.