Jumat, 09 Desember 2011

White interiors and inspiring courtyards

Some find that the overuse of white in indoor spaces renders the room sterile and bland. It's interesting to see how different people perceive the same thing in so many different ways. As for myself, I find that white interiors exude a powerful sense of peace and tranquility. It opens up the room, makes it seem much larger and accentuates whatever accessories you add to it. The brightness created by such spaces  seems to fill the house up with sunlight even on the darkest and gloomiest days. 

       Unknown                                                                                                       Decor8

         Iiinspired
         Amyfeelings

I'm currently coming up with some design ideas for a patio, since we are pretty convinced about buying a condo by the end of 2012 (I know I'm way too excited). My garden plans will have to wait for when we will actually buy a house. In my next post I'll put up a few sketches and simulations of what I want it to look like. But for now, here are a few inspiring outdoor spaces and courtyards that get my creative juices flowing.

         Non clickable item                                                                               Remodelista
               Apartment therapy