Senin, 21 Maret 2011

House of the Week




So here I was on a beautiful Saturday afternoon, stuck in traffic driving home from a lacrosse game on West Paces Ferry Rd. I was surrounded by Neel Reid and Philip Shutze mansions, not a bad place to be stuck. Turned down a side street to avoid the traffic and landed on a quiet street with some cul de sac offshoots. I drove around a curve and noticed this charming house, which had never jumped out at me before. Nicely situated on the lot, good details, good landscaping and a pretty slate roof. The owners have let us know that the house was built in the 1930's, and Philip Shutze was the architect. And it's white clapboard so you know what that means....house of the week!

















Isn't it interesting that there are no gutters on this house? Makes for a beautiful line. I wonder if there are any issues with water management?