Senin, 07 Maret 2011

House of the Week

Look what I found:



A Neel Reid that is new to me. I have driven by the house on numerous occasions and wondered if it was a Neel Reid. Last weekend I happened upon the owner while he was working in the yard and I learned a lot about the house.



The delightful owner told me that the house was built in 1916 and Neel Reid was the architect. (I can't find the house in any of my Neel Reid books, but the owner was told by a woman who lived in the house as a child in the 1920's.) It was originally painted white and has been a green/gray color and is now yellow. The slate roof and red tile driveway are original, as is the clapboard. The current owners have lived in the house for 32 years and are the longest residing owners of the house. Across the street is another Neel Reid house up on a hill (hint - stay tuned for next week's HOTW).