Sabtu, 09 Juli 2011

Voila! Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Part 2



Yesterday I painted the chair and table with two coats of the Anne Sloan chalk paint. This morning I added some old white chalk paint, painted on with a very dry brush with most of the paint wiped off.




Then I decided to stencil a fig leaf onto the table and paint it with gold leaf wax. I also added the gold to the edge of the table and around the legs. After the white paint and gold wax were both dry I waxed both pieces with clear wax. After letting that dry for an hour I distressed the paint with sandpaper (100) in a few key places. Then I added more wax and let that dry. Finally, I buffed both pieces with a soft cloth.













Back in it's spot in my living room.

Next up is my daughter's bed and bedside table. This could be addictive!