Kamis, 19 Januari 2012

Green love

These days I find myself indulging in what I love most: gardens and greenery. It's my winter escape. But also because I will be embarking in a brand new job starting april as both an horticulturist and landscape designer and I am simply thrilled about it.  However you can always count on me to find something to be pessimistic about in any joyful situation. So I tell myself: why am I stuck in a place where winter engulfs us almost six months a year! Which means for people like us who  are working in the landscape field, work is not all year long. It's around seven to eight months a year max. The rest of the year we are on seasonal unemployment collecting maybe 70% of our pay check only. It really has made me thinking about moving somewhere warmer where work is year long and where your regular bungalow doesn't cost a million dollars. My boyfriend and I have family and friends both in Georgia and Texas and the houses are incredibly affordable, it's crazy what you can get for your money. However, I'm not to sure how the job market is over there, I'll have to make my researches.
So in the mean time I spend my days going through inspirational garden photographs (some being my own like the capture below) and creating plans for futur projects. I know I said I was suppose to make a post about a few drafts I've made for a terrace project, don't worry it'll come!