Senin, 21 November 2011

Checklist for a future home (or condo)

Hubby and I have been doing some window shopping for a new home or condo. We initial wanted nothing but a detached cottage house but we're downscaling our desires a little and we realized that it wouldn't be a bad idea to start with a condo. Why? Because we could get a brand new condo with all the nice finishes for half the price of a home from the 60's that needs major renovations. I am not complaining, the real estate market here in Montreal is nowhere near as unaffordable as some other major cities in Canada. Either way, whatever type of roof we decide to spend our lives under there are a few things that we can't compromise. I made a neat little checklist for you to better visualize what our must-haves are!

#1 Big, monstrous windows
2# High ceilings
#3 Open concept
Main Level Stair contemporary staircase

#4 Green and charming neighborhood

I like how until number three, each following picture incorporates the previous concepts. I hope I can find everything in my wish list,  the only thing I can potentially sacrifice are the high ceilings, everything else is a must.