Selasa, 15 November 2011

How to enjoy the simple things

Today I was going through my collection of photos taken this summer and I realized how we tend to forget to enjoy the little things. Those simple daily occurrences that we take for granted and ignore? Yes those. As I went through the pictures it kept reminding me of just how many good moments I had this year and how I now stopped appreciating them when they occur. Things as simple as taking a walk in my own garden (and discovering that a huge frog was considering it home for quite some time), making small DIY projects for home or just sitting at a cafĂ© with the people that matter to you. I told myself to stop and notice the little things that keep me merry and learn to feel lucky.

Here are a few shots I took during the year.  From trying to float a paper boat my very creative friend made me to making jam from all the apple picking I did to capturing the blooms of my favorite plants. The last image is from this very amazing blog.

From Des De My Ventana